Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tiling the counter top and installing the Sink and Cook top

We decided to try putting self stick tiles over the plywood counter top to make it a little more finished and to protect it from the water and food.
I had NO frigging clue what I was doing so just jumped in to see if I could screw it up.  I have never been good a puzzles and finishing the small pieces with what I had left from the big cuts was a challenge. 
I started with a strip down the center and worked my way outboard from there.
I forgot to tell you that the tile company recomended using a prep solution on the raw plywood to aid in the adhesion of the tiles.  So I put the 2 coats recommended the day before so it would have time to dry before I started.
I have to admit it looks pretty nice, and it should protect it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment