Monday, March 8, 2010

Ceiling Insulation

Went through and sealed and filled the roof bows with low expansion foam.  Then I cut the 1 inch  foam for each space,  I tried to fit it tightly so it would stay up without glue.  After the sheets were pressed between the bows any that seemed to be loose I filled the gaps with caulking.
Then in the opposite  direction I installed the radiant barrier insulation.  This is a semi-rigid foil sided 1/2 inch insulation.  The sales hype says that this is a R-21 factor insulation, if you can believe that.  I am not sure I buy into that, BUT I have used this in my home as a barrier for the radiant heat system, and it does hold back the heat.  So if I believe all the BULLS,,T about the R-factors the ceiling will be around R-27,  I don't believe it will be that much but I think it will allow us to be cooler inside the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment