Sunday, March 21, 2010

Finishing off the Ceiling.

Finally got the last of the fiber board ceiling up yesterday.  The board has a white smooth finish on one side and was rated for damp applications.  I thought it would be better to use something rated for a damp environment because of the use the trailer will get.  With the 15,000 BTU Air condition unit in it, the inside could get a little damp.
After getting the sheets to line up in the moulding that joins them I drilled 1/4 holes every 6 inches and installed hammer-in large head rivits designed for these sheets.  I was afraid that with the bouncing and hard traveling we will be doing that I should keep the rivits close.  The last thing I want is for the ceiling to come down on the bike while traveling.

I have an onboard wireless video camera that will have a live shot coming from the trailer to the Toughbook in the truck.  That way we can check the status of things in the back without having to stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment