Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ramp door NON-skid surface

Today I wanted to get the ramp done so it had a week to dry before I drive the bike on it.  I painted the surface with Rustoleum dark grey paint.  I used this because I needed a paint that would give me time to get the surface covered before it dried and would allow me time to spead the grit into it.
I put the paint down THICK with a 1/2 nap roller then I spread Black Majic coarse sandblasting sand over the entire surface.  The sand is coarse and should make a good surface that is safe and slip free.  It sat for about 6 hours horizonataly so it could get a good set to it before I closed it up for the night because temps are starting to freeze again here.  I will run the heat overnight inside the hauler to help the paint cure, but I still will not walk on the surface for atleast a week.
This what the surface looks like so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment