Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Insulating the Ramp door






I was not going to insulate the ramp door.  But I had MANY pieces of foam insulation left over, ALL over.  I removed the 3/4 in plywood from the ramp and found that the space was about 1 7/8 inches deep.  I was going to double the 1 in foam but thought it may make the outside skin bow so left it at 1 layer.  I took all the pieces I had an layed them into the voids.  After I had most of the surface covered I used a can of Great Stuff to fill in the gaps, this also helps hold the whole thing in place.  The Great Stuff expanded enough to hold all the pieces and basically transform them into one piece sheet in the cavities.  This recycled basically a whole sheet of foam board that would of ended up in the garbage, and that puts $20.00 back into the trailer fund.
Today I will get the high spots trimmed down and reinstall the plywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment